Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. The Elusive Carrot



We had another "town hall" meeting at work today. I was really looking forward to good news in the form of some sort of notification that I will be able to kick back for the summer. Sadly that is about as far from the truth as it gets. Rather than giving us any straight answers, they opted instead to tell us that corporate has hit road blocks in their launch of the product Mexico is building and as a result of said delays we may be here a little longer. They refused to speculate on a concrete date but doing the math involved with the information they gave us it looks like we are now closer to a mid-July time frame than a mid-June time frame.The suckiest bit is that my boss told me he will probably need me around for at least an additional 2-4 weeks to help close up shop. BLAAAAARGH!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a down economy and I should be happy to even have a job... and I am, but that doesn't change the fact that I have been chasing this fucking carrot for two and a half friggin years, nor the fact that I hate this company, this job, and a majority of the people I work with.

They did break down how we would be told of our termination date and how we would be presented with our final benefits package. Whoopie! Does me a whole lot of fuck-all when it comes to planning out the near future and any potential for job hunting.  It's kind of hard to look for a job when I would have to ask them to hold it for me until June... oops no wait... July... oops no wait... maybe August.

I just want to be done and be able to move on and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment