Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. Unbridled Rage


Not long ago I wrote about our last town hall meeting and the elusive carrot on the end of the stick. Today we had another emergency "town hall meeting" in which we were informed that the plan for our eventual outsourcing has been changed for the 7th time. The new projection date is August/September at the earliest. I will reiterate at this point that I am grateful to have a job in this down economy, however, I am sick to fucking death of playing this game. I can't look for a new job until I know for certain when I will be done here, I can't plan my class schedule to fit in two classes per semester rather than one because I honestly cant deal with the workload of a full time job, full time school, and having a life. I don't want to spend four years getting a two year degree.

I don't hate my job in and of itself, I am just not happy with it. I want to be doing something that challenges me and forces me to use even a modicum of the mental capacity of a squid. This job is just mind numbingly droll. Not to mention  the simple fact that I genuinely want to punch a majority of my coworkers in the throat on a daily basis. I expressed my frustration with my boss after the meeting and told him that I would like him to write me a letter of recommendation that I can put with my resume in order to start looking for a job. At this point if something lucrative comes along I am going to strongly consider it. It is to the point where the carrot on the end of the string is starting to look a little withered and rotten and is no longer as appetizing as it once was. I think I scared him because he told me he was going to speak to his (our) new director and see if he can't get me a little "sumthin, sumthin." I obviously wont say no to a raise considering how little my salary has grown over the course of my tenure, but that really isn't the point. The point is I am tired of being strung along and having my whole life on hold waiting for these fucktards to pull their heads out of their asses. 

3 comments:

  1. :::sets up low-volume mantric repeater for background noise:::

    "Jamaica in October... Jamaica in October...Jamaica in October..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to remind myself of that. At the same time though, I really don't want to return home from Jamaica and have to go back to work there. It would just fuck up my whole relaxed chi thing. Hopefully (though I highly doubt it) this will be the last time they dick us around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. It seems like every time we hang out, they've pushed it back a few more months. No one likes that kind of jackassery. You have things to do! Places to see!

    ReplyDelete