Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. The Bureau of Weights and Measures

The other night I had a series of strange dreams. This isn't remarkable per se, I often have strange dreams.

The one that stands out the most (although the one about nudist landlords in a swimming pool is a close contender) had a lot to do with this blog.

I was in a room full of people from the Bureau of Weights and Measures; one team was measuring me with tapes, calipers, gauges, and micrometers shouting out measurements. The other team, meanwhile, was in the background hastily writing down the measurements on clipboards and shaking their heads in sad, just-doesn't-measure-up motions.

That's when Graham (one of the crazy kitties) decided it was time for his daily 3am scratching session under the bed.

Now, its a question of the chicken or the egg. Did I have this dream because I started this blog that afternoon, or did I have this dream as a meaningful indication of my current mindset?

Questions to ponder in my Mediocre Man-cave on this Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment