Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. English 120

Tonight was my final class for English 120. This class was such a blast! I am actually saddened to see it end. My fellow students were a collection of amazing people.

Ashley: Stunningly beautiful, exceptionally smart, and skilled in the culinary arts; she kept us all well fed with cookies, babaganoush, and an assortment of goodies. She wants to be a chef and restaurateur, I have no doubts she will achieve that goal.

Billy: Shy and quiet, but with a sense of humor that comes out of left field. A very humble and awesome guy. I believe he is pursuing a degree in something to do with being an immigration officer or something like that.

Chaz: He's just cool. A motorcycle riding man of the earth. 

John: My boy Johnny Rags. A former selectman turned IT guru, this guy has seen and done it all. He is as humble and likable as  the Dalai Lama. 

Meghan: Every man's dream girl. Meghan is a rock-n-roll loving, truck driving, 4-wheeling chica who is breathtakingly beautiful to boot. She is as hilarious as she is gorgeous.

Rocio: Beautiful (muy, muy hermosa!), intelligent and graceful. She was a champion figure skater for Mexico who made it all the way to the 2002 winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, only to be disqualified from competition because of politics. She recently fractured her tibia in like 6 places, which sadly ended her career. She is now pursuing a degree in finance I believe.

And of course, Robert Wheeler, my absolute favorite professor. The man is amazing. 

Being surrounded by all these amazing people has been an awesome and awe inspiring few weeks.

As part of the course we were asked to write a submission for "Writers' Journal's Write to win Contest."
Here is my submission.

Oh... and I got an A in the class so I still maintain my 4.0 :) 

1 comment: