Friday, February 26, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. Misanthropy

Every day my faith in humanity is tested, and every day that faith slips a little further towards complete misanthropy and hermitage. Day in and day out, I am confronted with the absolute dregs of humanity. Sure, I suppose someone working in a maximum security prison sees the absolute worst of humanity on the horrific end of the spectrum; you know, the kind of people that decapitate their mothers and wear their heads as hats. Yeah, Those people take the crazy cake. But what I have to deal with, the people I am loathe to suffer on a daily basis, are those that inhabit the "how the fuck did this knuckle-dragging-mouth-breather make it out of the womb --much less into adulthood" end of the spectrum.

 (thank you Gavin for this perfectly apt graphic)

I don't suffer fools well. I am a rational and logical person, and I expect that everyone else will be rational and logical as well. I know this is never going to be the case, but a guy can dream right? I hate the term "common sense" because I don't think there is anything common about it. In fact, I think the average human being is a petty, puerile,vacuous twatwaffle. The people who are open to civil discourse, free thought, and self improvement are, in my humble opinion, rather uncommon.

Perhaps it is the bitterness of the past weeks travails talking, but I genuinely dislike most people. The saddest part about this whole ordeal is the fact that it affects my relationships with the people I actually DO like. I would love to see my friends more often, unfortunately that means I have to go out there... where the stupid people live.

Conversely, I am looking forward to finally being laid off. I am looking forward to starting over and being able to reinvent myself in a new place with new people. Ultimately though, I know I will only find most of them to be equally as disappointing as the asshats I currently spend the majority of my waking hours with.

1 comment:

  1. I think once you have the forced time off, it'll scrub away the bad taste of those fools with whom you were jobbed into existing in close quarters.

    I know you'll enjoy setting your own schedule for a bit, and making the most of the extra hours each day, even if at times it's just to revel in the fact that it's a Tuesday morning, and everyone ELSE is scurrying around to be somewhere you do not have to be ☺

    And while being unemployed sucks, once the daily job search is out of the way each morning (or whenever you choose to do it), it gives a person a lot of time to (oh, just off the top of my head), visit far away friends & relatives, stay up late & sleep in (city life!), take guitar lessons, etc...

    Have fun chum!

    ReplyDelete