Monday, June 21, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. finales, photography, and music!

Public speaking wrapped up last week with my final speech about global overpopulation and its detrimental effects on the environment. I felt I did okay on that speech. Again, I got kinda tongue tied when I got a little ahead of myself. Overall though I think I managed to do kinda-sorta-maybe okay in the class. I have a week off before my next class which is just awesome!


After that I launched into my Powerpoint--which I haven't yet uploaded. Once I get that uploaded I will update this entry. 

Next up is Intro to Photography. I am already super stoked for this class. I have even been asked by my amigo Ken to photograph his upcoming event, Wyman's Pond Music Fest. I should be about midway into my course by then, so hopefully I will have learned some good stuff so I can capture at least a few decent shots. :) 

Note: Ken still has a few time slots open if anyone is interested in performing an unplugged set, hit the link above for details. 

Super excited for this course, super excited for the entire month of July! My company--shitty though it may be-- has added an extra day to our 4th of July holiday in an attempt to boost morale. So the last week of June I get a 4 day week, first week of July I get a 4 day week, second week of July they are having our annual company BBQ, third week of July I am taking off for my birthday, and the fourth week will be wrapping up the month with the music fest.

Hopefully the start to an awesome summer!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, man. Good luck with the class, and thanks again for the visual documentation services!

    Note about the note: Interested musicians please send your info to NotLameMinus@gmail.com to be considered for the unplugged gig. In addition to being a fantastically fun event, it's great exposure & a good networking opportunity.

    ReplyDelete