Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. The Afternoon Wedding

Tuesday past marked the first of my intro to photography classes. The professor seems really nice and knowledgeable, and you can definitely tell she is in love with her subject. The class was a fun, quiet, getting to know you type deal with a brief presentation on some of the basic terminologies, her expectations from us, what we can expect from her etc. The evening was only marred by a skull splitting headache that made it difficult for me to focus. It was so bad I actually got home, chewed a few aspirin and hit the bed for like half an hour until it passed. 

I mentioned previously that mi amigo, Kendar of the beer people, was hosting a music festival and that he had inquired about my services photographing the event. I graciously accepted under the consideration that I would have 4 weeks of beginners lessons under my belt by then. 

Now, this afternoon my dear friend and photography hero, Melissa Koren, called me up and asked me if I would be willing and available to help her shoot a wedding tomorrow. Last week she took a tumble and mangled her leg. Being the trooper she is, she is still shooting a wedding tomorrow and they just put a plaster cast on her leg this morning. She mostly just needs someone to lug her considerable--both in weight and volume--gear around for her. She said she also wants someone with her who knows how to handle a camera in case she needs a shot from a tricky spot.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda freaking out about it! She is an amazing photographer and she has worked really hard to build a really good reputation. She has always been an inspiration to me when it comes to photography. I hope I am up for it. 

Meep!

3 comments:

  1. Whoo-HOO! You're going to have a hell of a resume pad after July :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunate, since a part of my final grade for intro to photography is to present a portfolio of my 7 best shots from the course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like the new layout.

    ReplyDelete