Monday, July 12, 2010

Mediocre Man vs. Depth of Field

Let's see, Not much to report on really. I am heading into my 3rd week of Intro to Photography and I have not pulled the trigger on a single shot of my own. Last Friday I did help Lissa shoot a wedding but she did all the heavy hitting stuff. She loaned me one of her camera's equipped with a sweet lens (note to self: find out what the range was on that lens and buy one) and I wandered the periphery shooting random stuff. All the shots I took were on her camera, and thus her card, but she did send me this shot that I managed to snag and it isn't all that bad.

Beyond that, I really haven't done any shooting beyond snapping off a few shots of a flower out front of our house yesterday in order to play around with depth of field. I think I finally understand the concept and managed to get a few halfway decent examples of how to alter the focal length in order to blur out the background.

Still, despite not having shot much I am having a blast with this class. I know I need to get out there and shoot, but yeah, me and 90+ degree weather with ungodly humidity don't exactly get along. I will have plenty of opportunity to shoot during the music fest on the 31st, and I will endeavor to get out there and at least pull the trigger on something else before then. I have a photojournalism project coming up next month for class so maybe I can use the fest shots to make something up for that. :)

1 comment:

  1. If nothing else, it sounds like you're having fun with it. See you in a few weeks!

    And thanks for letting me know about James McG III, he is on at 6 pm!

    ReplyDelete